- Director of counseling and health services and assistant dean of students for wellness
- Elisa has a PhD in counseling psychology from University of Wisconsin- Madison and is a licensed psychologist and health care provider in the state of Massachusetts.
- Elisa oversees the student wellness services on campus, co-chairs Salem State's Care and Concern team, and assists students who are dealing with health or mental health crisis. She also provides consultation to family members, faculty and staff on issues related to wellness, health and safety.
- Elisa is located in Meier Hall 245 in the Student Life suite.
- Christine's focus is on training and counseling clinic operations
- Christine has a PhD in counseling psychology from University of Akron and is a licensed psychologist and health care provider in the state of MA
- Christine provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for SSU students, as well as consultations for students and their families about having a successful college career while managing persistent mental health issues.
- Christine also runs the CHS training program, which focuses on post-masters training in college mental health, brief treatment, culturally responsive therapy, and trauma-informed work.
Liz has her master of social work from Wheelock College and is a licensed independent social worker in the state of Massachusetts. Liz provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for SSU students, as well as provides clinical supervision to staff and trainees. Liz has over six years providing brief alcohol and drug interventions, and sexual assault prevention and education with college students. As assistant director, Liz coordinates programming and outreach efforts related to mental health, in addition to overseeing alcohol and drug education, prevention and intervention efforts.
- Dericka completed her PhD in counseling psychology at Boston College.
- She earned both her master’s degree in counseling psychology and her bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Louisville.
- Dericka provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- Dericka is passionate about giving voice to the unique issues that communities of Color face and enjoys working with college students, particularly on issues around race, culture and identity.
- In her role as a multicultural specialist, she serves as a liaison to the Salem State University Diversity and Multicultural Affairs Office and develops and supports initiatives that aim to foster the psychosocial-cultural wellbeing of students from diverse backgrounds.
- Jori graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a BS in psychology
- He completed his master's in counseling psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco.
- Jori enjoys working as a counselor with students, youth, adults and families.
- Jori strives to approach counseling in a client-centered manner, with a compassionate and non-judgmental attitude.
Prevention, Education, Advocacy and Response (PEAR)
- Jessica has her master of social work from Boston College and is a licensed certified social worker (LCSW) in Massachusetts.
- Jessica provides advocacy and support to Salem State students who have experienced sexual assault, domestic and relationship violence, and/or stalking. She uses an empowerment-based model and is passionate about supporting students wherever they are in their healing process.
- Jessica also coordinates prevention and education efforts relating to sexual assault and relationship violence on campus, assists with bystander intervention education, and helps coordinate other wellness programming efforts at Salem State.
- Joan has a MSN in nursing from UMass Lowell and is a licensed family practice nurse practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
- Joan has provided clinical services and care to SSU students through daily appointments since 2007.
- She has assisted with outreach for programming and flu clinics across campus and is the immunization compliance officer.
- Kalei has a MSN in nursing from Regis College and is a licensed family practice nurse practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
- Kalei provides clinical services to students via appointments in health services and helps coordinate various campus wellness programming and outreach efforts.
- Attended Salem State and the University of Massachusetts Medical Center.
- Has worked at counseling and health services since 1990.
- Professional specialty is internal medicine.
- Juliet holds a Bachelor’s degree in science from Salem State University in Healthcare Studies and an Associate’s degree in medical administrative assistance. She has worked at Salem State since 2006. Formerly worked at a community health center.
- Member of American Society of Administrative Professionals, National Leadership and Success Society and Phi Theta Kappa.
- Manages the daily operations of a busy healthcare facility, handling confidential patient health information with sensitivity and care. Juliet is passionate about assisting students and working to remove barriers to accessing health care.
- Melissa has an associate’s degree in computer science from Monroe College in New York and has joined recently joined the team in counseling and health services from a background in medical centers which include a physical therapy practice.
- Melissa oversees patient scheduling, data entry and provides excellent customer service to students, staff and faculty. She aims to treat all with respect and is an active participant on campus, and values the role of healthcare in the lives of all college students.
- Insurance verification, referrals and authorizations.
2019-2020 Counseling Interns
- Mallaigh is currently completing their doctoral degree in counseling psychology at the University of Massachusetts Boston. They have a master’s degree in mental health counseling from Teachers College at Columbia University and a bachelor’s degree in gender and sexuality studies from New York University.
- Mallaigh provides brief treatment and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- Mallaigh has experience working in LGBTQ+ community mental health and with court-involved youth.
- Mallaigh is passionate about bolstering student development across a range of identities and supporting students in achieving self-identified goals that are consistent with their personal and cultural values.
- Marisa is currently completing her doctoral degree in clinical psychology at William James College. She has a master’s degree in professional psychology from William James College and a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Framingham State University.
- Marisa provides brief treatment and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- Marisa is passionate about working with students on issues related to sexual orientation. She also enjoys working collaboratively with college students in a client-centered manner.
- Henry is currently pursuing his doctorate in clinical psychology at William James College. He received his master’s degree in Professional Psychology from William James College and completed his bachelor’s degree in psychology at Skidmore College.
- Henry provides brief treatment and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- Henry is passionate about working collaboratively with students by using a strength-based, solution-focused approach and incorporating a client-centered perspective. Henry has particular interests in working with student-athletes and exploring how their sports expertise can be useful in other aspects of their life.