- Director of CHS
- Elisa has a PhD in counseling psychology from University of Wisconsin- Madison and is a licensed psychologist and health care provider in the state of MA
- Elisa provides crisis intervention and brief therapy to SSU students, and supervision to counseling staff. She provides consultation to campus community related to wellness, health and safety.
- Elisa also oversees the PEAR Program, Student Advocacy and Spiritual Life.
- Christine's focus is on training and counseling clinic operations
- Christine has a PhD in counseling psychology from University of Akron and is a licensed psychologist and health care provider in the state of MA
- Christine provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for SSU students, as well as consultations for students and their families about having a successful college career while managing persistent mental health issues.
- Christine also runs the CHS training program, which focuses on post-masters training in college mental health, brief treatment, culturally responsive therapy, and trauma-informed work.
Liz has her master of social work from Wheelock College and is a licensed independent social worker in the state of Massachusetts. Liz provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for SSU students, as well as provides clinical supervision to staff and trainees. Liz has over six years providing brief alcohol and drug interventions, and sexual assault prevention and education with college students. As assistant director, Liz coordinates programming and outreach efforts related to mental health, in addition to overseeing alcohol and drug education, prevention and intervention efforts.
- Dericka completed her PhD in counseling psychology at Boston College.
- She earned both her master’s degree in counseling psychology and her bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Louisville.
- Dericka provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- Dericka is passionate about giving voice to the unique issues that communities of Color face and enjoys working with college students, particularly on issues around race, culture and identity.
- In her role as a multicultural specialist, she serves as a liaison to the Salem State University Diversity and Multicultural Affairs Office and develops and supports initiatives that aim to foster the psychosocial-cultural wellbeing of students from diverse backgrounds.
- Jori graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a BS in psychology
- He completed his master's in counseling psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco.
- Jori enjoys working as a counselor with students, youth, adults and families.
- Jori strives to approach counseling in a client-centered manner, with a compassionate and non-judgmental attitude.
- Kim has a doctorate of nursing practice (DNP) degree from the University of Massachusetts, Boston and is a licensed family practice nurse practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
- Kim has been the health coordinator for the student health services and a clinician at Salem State University since 2008.
- Kim has over a decade of experience working with young adult populations in the areas of health promotion and health education.
- She has a strong interest in quality improvement initiatives to improve health outcomes and processes.
- She is a strong advocate for patient rights and has participated in several statewide committees and coalitions to ensure access to confidential healthcare and eliminating disparities.
- She has a particular interest in reproductive health care and women’s health.
- Joan has a MSN in nursing from UMass Lowell and is a licensed family practice nurse practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
- Joan has provided clinical services and care to SSU students through daily appointments since 2007.
- She has assisted with outreach for programming and flu clinics across campus and is the immunization compliance officer.
- Kalei has a MSN in nursing from Regis College and is a licensed family practice nurse practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
- Kalei provides clinical services to students via appointments in health services and helps coordinate various campus wellness programming and outreach efforts.
Ailin has a master’s of science in nursing from Boston College and is a licensed Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
Ailin provides clinical services to students via appointments in health services. She has a particular interest in disease prevention, reproductive health and contraception management.
- Attended Salem State and the University of Massachusetts Medical Center.
- Has worked at counseling and health services since 1990.
- Professional specialty is internal medicine.
- Juliet holds a Bachelor’s degree in science from Salem State University in Healthcare Studies and an Associate’s degree in medical administrative assistance. She has worked at Salem State since 2006. Formerly worked at a community health center. Currently continuing her education to earn a degree in psychology.
- Member of American Society of Administrative Professionals, National Leadership and Success Society and Phi Theta Kappa.
- Manages the daily operations of a busy healthcare facility, handling confidential patient health information with sensitivity and care. Juliet is passionate about assisting students and working to remove barriers to accessing health care.
- Insurance verification, referrals and authorizations.
2018-2019 Counseling Interns
- Rachel is currently completing her doctoral degree in counseling psychology at the University of Massachusetts Boston. She has a master’s degree in mental health counseling from UMass Boston and her bachelor's degree in psychology from Xavier University.
- Rachel provides brief treatment and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- Rachel is passionate about working with students on issues related to sexual orientation, intersectionality and marginalization, and exploration of past distress and trauma.
- Allison is currently pursuing her doctorate in counseling psychology at the University of Massachusetts Boston. She received her master’s degree in Sport and Performance Psychology from the University of Denver, and completed her bachelor’s degree in psychology at The Ohio State University.
- Allison provides brief treatment and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- Allison is passionate about working collaboratively with college students by using a strength-based, solution-focused approach.
- Julie is currently pursuing her doctorate in counseling psychology at the University of Massachusetts Boston. She has master’s degrees in mental health counseling and professional counseling from the University of Pennsylvania and a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Rochester.
- Julie provides brief treatment and crisis intervention for Salem State students using a collaborative, feminist-informed approach.
- Julie is passionate about issues of sexuality, gender, and identity development.