Reach Your Full Potential
Helping You Reach Your Goals
How We Help
Launching for students in the fall of 2019, Navigate is a mobile advisor that gets you from orientation to graduation. The app helps you choose the right major, navigate requirements from financial aid to course registration, and stay on top of important dates and deadlines—all in the palm of your hand.
Navigate is a comprehensive university-wide student success platform linking faculty and staff to students. This powerful tool will assist Salem State University in strategically supporting our students and addressing the needs of our campus. The new system’s efficacy is greatly dependent upon the engagement of its users: as such, each constituency – students, staff, and faculty – needs to become familiar with Navigate and commit to its use.
- As a member of the faculty, you will use Navigate to:
- Raise a concern regarding a student’s academic performance
- Describe student behavior(s) that may warrant support or intervention from a non-academic office
- Submit academic progress reports
- Schedule academic advising sessions with your assigned students
- Record advising notes from your advising sessions
Visit the retention services channel on Polaris (login required) to read updates on the rollout, discover upcoming trainings and find support.
352 Lafayette St.
Salem, MA 01970