Our office will remain remote for the upcoming semester. Learn more about the university's response to COVID-19.
Readmit Application Process
Students who previously attended Salem State University as a degree-seeking student, regardless of attending another institution subsequently, are considered a readmission applicant and should complete the readmit application process through the Center for Academic Excellence - Academic Advising office.
The readmit application process is now conducted remotely online. We ask students to remain patient and allow 2-3 weeks for a decision (incomplete applications will take longer). We do allow students to submit an unofficial transcript to begin the application process however an official transcript is still required and must be submitted to Salem State University.
- Download the application
- Submit completed application materials to email@example.com.
- Students can still mail the application however there will be additional delay for us to receive mail due to campus policy around COVID-19.
- Students who do not meet satisfactory academic standing must submit a personal statement
Fall 2020 Semester Deadline
August 26 (complete applications/negative standing)
September 1 (complete applications/good standing)
Please note the following:
- Incomplete applications will be not be moved for review until outstanding documents are received.
- Applications received after September 1 cannot be guaranteed readmission for the fall 2020 semester and will automatically be considered for spring 2021.
Before submitting an application please review the following helpful information:
- Please allow the proper time for review and processing of your readmit application, which may take between 2-3 weeks, based on each individual student’s academic circumstance at the time of departure. Applicants will be notified by traditional mail of official readmission decisions. If applications are incomplete, individuals will be notified via the email account listed on their application regarding their readmit status. Applications that are submitted with errors or missing documents are considered incomplete, which can prolong the review process. If you include a personal statement with your application, please ensure that your statement is typed, not handwritten.
- If you voluntarily withdrew from Salem State University as a student in the Continuing Education and Professional Studies (evening) division, you must be reactivated as an evening student. If you believe you may have been enrolled as an evening student, please call our office at 978.542.5500 for directions on returning to Salem State University!
- All students who are granted readmission will be responsible for completing the current curriculum requirements, based upon the major(s) and minor(s) that they formally declared prior to their time of departure from Salem State University.
- If you are looking to get your second degree from Salem State, please visit admissions, and apply online as a transfer student, and use Salem State University as your other institution.
- If you have been away from Salem State University for two years or more, and experienced academic difficulty (negative academic standing), you may be a candidate for the Fresh Start program. Students considering our Fresh Start program are highly encouraged to meet with an academic advisor prior to submitting an application.
- Note: The Fresh Start process runs separately from the readmission process, and as a result, Fresh Start applicants should expect to allow a month for their application to be fully processed. Incomplete applications will not be offered consideration for the Fresh Start program until they are properly completed.
If you have any questions regarding the readmit process, or need further assistance, please contact the advising office at 978.542.5500.