Students who previously attended Salem State University as a degree-seeking candidate, regardless of attending another institution subsequently, are considered a readmit.
All fully completed readmit applications received after Friday, August 16, 2019, cannot be guaranteed equal consideration for readmission for the fall 2019 academic term. Applicants not considered for readmission for the fall 2019 semester will automatically have their application considered for readmission for the spring 2020 academic term.
Applicants not considered for readmission for the spring 2019 semester will automatically have their application considered for readmission for the summer/fall 2019 academic terms.
- Please allow the proper time for review and processing of your readmit application, which may take up to three weeks to complete. Applicants will be notified by traditional mail of official readmission decisions. If applications are incomplete, individuals will be notified via the email account listed on their application with regard to their readmit status, but please note that applications that were submitted with incomplete documents may take longer to review and process. If you include a personal statement with your application, please ensure that your statement is typed, not handwritten.
- If you voluntarily withdrew from Salem State University as an evening student, you must be reactivated as an evening student. If this applies to you, please call our office at 978.542.5500 for directions on returning.
- All students who are readmitted will be responsible for completing the most current curriculum requirements, based upon the major(s) and minor(s) that they were under at the time of departure from Salem State University.
- If you are looking to get your second degree from Salem State, please go to the admissions page, apply online as a transfer, and use Salem State University as your other institution.
- If you have been away from Salem State University for two years or more, and experienced academic difficulty (negative academic standing), you may be a candidate for the Fresh Start program. Students considering our Fresh Start program are highly encouraged to meet with an academic advisor prior to submitting an application.
- Note: The Fresh Start process runs separately from the readmission process, and as a result, Fresh Start applicants should expect to allow a month for their application to be fully processed. Incomplete applications will not be offered consideration for the Fresh Start program until they are properly completed.
If you have any questions regarding the readmit process, or need further assistance, please contact the advising office at 978.542.5500.