Take the next steps to enroll.View our list of FAQs.
Submit your $250 non-refundable enrollment deposit and your $300 non-refundable housing deposit (if you are living on campus) online at navigator.salemstate.edu. All day and transfer students must pay enrollment deposit in order to register for orientation.
- Create a Federal Student Aid ID at fsaid.ed.gov.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov. Salem State's school code is 002188.
- We will notify you via email once we receive your FAFSA and if you are missing any documents. You can also check your Navigator account for "to do" items.
Watch this video from FAFSA about how to apply for aid.
All first-year and transfer students are required to attend an orientation program. At orientation, you will register for classes, meet new classmates, become familiar with campus, and begin your adventure as a new student.
- Orientation for Spring 2019 is on January 7, 2019
Register now at navigator.salemstate.edu. An enrollment deposit is required to register.
- Information for Fall 2019 orientation will be posted soon
Visit salemstate.edu/orientation for more information.
Fall 2019 accepted students and their families are invited to an Accepted Students Day on Sunday, March 31 or Saturday, April 6 to learn about the exciting opportunities at Salem State University.
At the event, you can attend the campus information fair, meet current students, learn more about your major, and take a campus tour.
REGISTER NOW at navigator.salemstate.edu.
An enrollment deposit is not required to attend.
Once you have paid your enrollment deposit, you can access your SSU email. Access your Salem State email through Outlook in Office 365. Log in here and use the same username and password as your Navigator account.
Email is the official method of communication at Salem State, therefore you are expected to check your account regularly.
Contact the IT help desk for assistance at 978.542.2036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.