Presidential Arts Scholarships
Presidential Arts Scholarship Information
March 1, 2020
- FAFSA on file (priority FAFSA deadline is February 15)
- Submission of all required application materials to your academic department
- 3.0 grade point average in your major area
- Major or minor in the artistic field in which you apply
- Must be a full-time, undergraduate student in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Dance and music scholarship applicants are required to audition
- Creative writing applicants must submit 8-15 pages of creative work with your application
Application materials include*
- A cover letter indicating the artistic department to which you are applying: art, creative writing, dance, music, theatre
- A current resume of your creative or artistic achievements
- One letter of recommendation from a full-time faculty member outside of your discipline
*Please note, there is no printed application for this scholarship. If you are a current student, please deliver your materials to your academic department's main office. If you are an incoming student or transfer student, please note the department to which you are applying and mail materials to the following address.
Attn: Presidential Arts Scholarship
Salem State University
352 Lafayette Street
Salem, MA 01970
Please submit a letter to your department requesting renewal. This letter should include your artistic achievements since receiving the award. All renewal applicants must submit a letter. There are no automatic renewals of this award.
Summer Student Artistic Development Grants
Information about the Summer Student Artistic Development Grants
The deadline to apply for a 2020 Student Artistic Development Grant is Friday, April 10, 2020 at 5 pm.
Full time students who will be juniors or seniors in Fall 2020 may apply. (Spring 2020 graduates are not eligible.) Candidates must demonstrate evidence of artistic contribution to the campus community, and significant growth as an artist during his/her college career. The work outlined in the proposal must constitute a truly exceptional opportunity for artistic growth.
Funded student artists will be required to attend occasional events throughout the year, to share their creative process throughout the summer project via some form of social media, and to share his/her work with the Salem State University community.
Include a cover letter, resume of artistic achievement, two letters of recommendation, and a 750-word or less proposal narrative to include: the scope of your project, who will be involved, how the project will foster your creative growth, how the project can be shared with the wider student community, project duration. Include a one-page budget proposal itemizing any related expenses.
Submit completed application materials to Karen Gahagan, Center for Creative and Performing Arts, 352 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970 no later than Friday, April 10, 2020 at 5 pm.