Take the Viking Shuttle
Travel around campus with Salem State’s free Vikings Shuttle Service, which operates Monday-Friday from 7:15 am-4 pm.
Get Pre-Tax Employee Benefits
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts offers full-time, benefited employees pre-tax transit and parking benefits up to $265 per month. This could be used for a monthly T-pass, for example. Learn more about this benefit administered by Benefit Strategies.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Salem State has 23 parking spots with electric vehicle charging across campus. They are located inside and next to the parking garage on North Campus, behind Viking, and at the O'Keefe Center parking lot.
Getaround Salem Car Share
The City of Salem offers a car share program via the Getaround platform:
- Users sign up via the app and can book instantly
- Eligible drivers must be at least 19 years of age and those under 21 must have a clean driving record
- Cars are parked in four locations across the city including next to the central campus bike path in the parking lot across from the business school
- Cost is $10-$12 per hour or $80 per day. NOTE: There is a tiered Under 25 Fee. For 19 year-olds, this is a 75 percent surcharge.
Please see Getaround Salem for more information.
Preferred Parking for Carpoolers and EVs
The student parking garage offers features to encourage commuters who are trying to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by carpooling or driving electric vehicles or other alternative vehicles.
- 4 EV charging stations
- 15 rideshare spots
- 15 low-emitting/fuel-efficient vehicle spots
- 15 alternative vehicle spots