Testimonial: Sario Gregorio Freitas
Intensive English Language Program
Let us Engage You in Authentic English!
Let us help you navigate your pathway to university and career success!
Since 1993, the Intensive English Language Program (IELP) at Salem State University has helped hundreds of international and local English language learners develop their English abilities and cultural knowledge to reach their personal, professional and academic goals. Many of our students have successfully transitioned to SSU undergraduate and graduate degree programs in:
- Business administration
- Computer science
- Healthcare studies
Students in our program appreciate that their language needs and personal and professional goals are at the center of instruction by our highly qualified and dedicated faculty. Students also appreciate the rich variety of social, cultural, and recreational activities, and the opportunity to make friends from all over the world.
Why should you study at Salem State’s Intensive English Language Program?
Accelerate your English language learning by taking our innovative, hands-on courses that have been strategically aligned to the Global Scale of English (GSE) standards for academic and professional communication.
Intensive English Program Benefits
- An inclusive learning environment that supports F-1 and J-1 visa holders, and community members
- A pathway to 32 undergraduate majors and 24 graduate programs
- A monthly payment plan option that makes learning affordable
- 18 or more hours of instruction per week from basic to advanced levels
- A four-day study week (Tuesday through Friday)
- Class sizes ranging from 5-15 students per class
- Course materials included in the tuition (no need to buy textbooks!)
- Personalized learning plans tailored to students’ needs and goals
- A certificate of achievement for successfully completing each course
- Highly trained English as a Second Language (ESL) specialists with a graduate-level education in education, linguistics or a related field
- Peer mentors to practice English and receive guidance on adjusting to life on campus and the local community
Additional Program Benefits
- Full university privileges (library, fitness center, free shuttle services, recreational activities, etc.)
- On campus residence halls for full-time students
- Eligibility for institutional employment (on-campus jobs) for full-time students
- Four start dates per year