Complete your associates degree while earning your bachelor’s!
Reverse Transfer Opportunities
Have you completed a minimum of 30 college-level credits (excluding developmental courses and transfer credit) in an associate degree-seeking program at a Massachusetts community college prior to transferring to Salem State University? If so, you may be eligible to earn an associate degree using coursework you complete while pursuing your Salem State bachelor’s degree.
In order to enroll in the Reverse Transfer Pathway, you must complete and submit a participation form that will permit the sharing of your official transcript between Salem State University and the community college from which you transferred.
Upon receiving your participation form, the community college from which you transferred will send you a degree audit identifying your remaining associate degree program requirements.
When you have met all associate degree requirements at the community college from which you transferred, a graduation application will be sent to you and after you return the completed application, you will receive your diploma and may attend the next community college commencement ceremony.
Important to Note:
There is no cost incurred by students for Reverse Transfer Pathway participation.
- Students must complete the associate degree requirements of the program in progress at the time of transfer from the community college to Salem State University or a Liberal Arts/General Studies program.
- You must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or better at the community college from which you transferred. Grades for developmental coursework completed at the community college are not factored into the cumulative grade point average.
- You must be in good academic and financial standing at both Salem State University and the community college from which you transferred to qualify for the Reverse Transfer Pathway.
- Students who return to the community college after transferring to Salem State University are subject to the minimum grade requirement established by the community college regarding the transfer of credit from Salem State University.
- The Reverse Transfer Pathway does not grant MassTransfer benefits such as the General Education exemption and tuition waiver.