Skip to main content

Conducting Research


Conducting Research

Undergrad & Grad specific links

Funding Research

The university has funds available to support undergraduate research through academic departments and the various colleges and schools. To learn how to apply, speak to a faculty advisor or a department chairperson. Students in the Commonwealth Honors Program should speak to the Honors Program Chair to request a Research and Travel Grant application.

Graduate Assistantships

Graduate Research Assistants participate with faculty in a research project. This experience provides an opportunity to assist in various aspect of the research endeavor. Depending on the project, a student might conduct research in an archive, conduct interviews, administer and interpret surveys, or support an action research project. Sometimes the results in opportunities for graduate students to co-present with faculty at professional conferences or co-author articles in professional journals.

Thesis Preparation

Several Master’s programs offer the option of writing a thesis. If you are interested in pursuing the thesis option, your first step is to work with your graduate program coordinator to identify a suitable advisor who will work with you to develop your proposal.

Travel to Present

The Professional Development Grant (PDG) program assists matriculated graduate students to present at academic and professional conferences. Download the application form for more information.

Back to top