Salem State is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak. Learn more about our response.
Information about Compliance Policies
Research Administration (SPRA) strives to ensure the university is in compliance with the complex web of regulatory requirements that govern research. We promote an understanding among faculty, students and staff of the requirements they must complete in conducting research. Please feel free to contact us with questions about any of these policies or regulations.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Policy
- Institutional Animal Care and Use (IACUC) and Policy
- Financial Conflict of Interest policy for PHS sponsored research
- FCOI Disclosure Form for PHS sponsored research
- NIH FCOI Policy statement
- FCOI CITI Training for PHS sponsored research
- Any researcher who receives PHS funding under one or more of their agencies including but not limited to NIH, CDC, FDA, HRSA, or NIH must certify that they do not have a Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) in their PHS-funded research or utilization of PHS funds. In addition, anyone working under a PHS-sponsored project must complete FCOI training. The university provides training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative at the University of Miami.
National Science Foundation (NSF) - The NSF requires that any student working on an NSF grant complete training on Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR). Salem State University has established training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). All students working on an NSF grant must complete the RCR training prior to commencing research.