The Institutional Review Board (IRB) is charged with the responsibility of reviewing and monitoring research with human participants.
The IRB reviews and approves all research involving human subjects conducted at Salem State prior to beginning the research. This includes research conducted on or off campus by Salem State faculty, administration, staff or students, as well as others not affiliated with the university who wish to conduct research at the university. This applies whether the research is federally funded or not.
For further information on the IRB at Salem State, please visit our Canvas site to find details on:
- Accessing the IRB Application online
- Application Help including step by step instructions on completing the application
- Forms and info on supporting documents
- Application info and resources
- Committee members and meetings dates
- CITI Training
For further assistance, please email Megan Williams or call 978.542.7177.