In 2013, Salem State’s School of Social Work affiliated with the Phi Alpha Honor Society, Tau Phi Chapter of the National Social Work Honor Society. Eligible members include both undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate that they meet the professional standards outlined in the Professional Standards for the School of Social Work.
Phi Alpha is designed to encourage and recognize scholarship and academic excellence. Your benefit is the documented recognition of your achievement, which is an invaluable asset to your resume and career development.
BSW Student Requirements
- Senior status (minimum of 90 credits earned)
- Overall GPA in the top 35% of all BSW students
MSW Student Requirements
- Minimum of 49 credits earned for fall start and Saturday students
- Minimum of 28 credits earned for Advanced Standing students
- Overall GPA in the top 35% of all MSW students
Eligibility is determined at the end of each fall semester.