Salem State is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak. Learn more about our response.
Apply: MAT History
Graduate Application Process
MAT History Graduate Application Process
- $50 non-refundable application fee (FREE until October 31, 2019)
- Official transcript or transcript evaluation
- Three references
- Statement of purpose
- English Proficiency, if applicable for international applicants
- MAT History does not require the GRE or MAT
Additional Materials for Initial Licensure
Passing scores on the communication and literacy MTEL (reading and writing subtest) and history subject MTEL.
- Undergraduate or graduate course in adolescent psychology.
- At least the equivalent of a minor in history (15-18 undergraduate credit hours).
- Demonstrated competency in the following areas: world history, U.S. history, world geography, economics, principles of American government and the founding documents of the United States, comparative government, and history and philosophy of science.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.