Skip to main content

City of Salem

Salem State students in front of the FRIENDSHIP along the ocean in Salem

Hip, Historic, Seaside City of Salem

Salem State is located in the vibrant city of Salem where there is always something to do and Boston is just 30 minutes away.

Visiting One of Salem State’s Campuses


Prior to your visit, it's recommended that you view and print our campus map.

Driving directions from several different routes are available. Please set your GPS to:

  • For North Campus use 352 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970
  • For Central Campus use 71 Loring Avenue, Salem, MA 01970
  • For South Campus use 11 Harrison Road, Salem, MA 01970
  • For the O'Keefe Athletic Complex use 225 Canal Street, Salem, MA 01970
  • For Cat Cove Marine Lab use 92 Fort Avenue in Salem, MA 01970
  • If navigating to the 287 Lafayette Street building (social work and international programs), please set your GPS to the O'Keefe Athletic Complex and use 225 Canal Street, Salem, MA 01970 as your destination. Then walk up Forest Avenue (far end of the parking lot) and turn left onto Lafayette, cross using the pedestrian walkway and 287 will be on your right. There is no parking available at the 287 Lafayette Street building.

Public Transportation

There is a bus and rail MBTA station located 1.5 miles from the university. You may take Newburyport/Rockport commuter train and depart at the Salem station. 

Our green transportation page outlines the latest public transportation options, from Salem Shuttles to bike shares.

The first course of action is to go to the parking and traffic office at the university police station, which is located on Central Campus. You can get a visitor pass for the day that will instruct you to park in a commuter spot.

You can also email to get a temporary pass sent to them through email.

The campus map indicates where handicapped and metered spaces are located.

You may also get parking information from the person or department that you are meeting with that day.

Salem State University is committed to equal accommodation and access for students, staff and visitors, and encourages all to participate in its programs and activities. People who anticipate needing accommodations due to a disability, or who have questions about access, may contact disability services at

Where can I get money on campus?

There is an ATM machine located in the lobby of the Bertolon of Business on Central Campus and there is an Eastern Bank located across the street from Central Campus.


Is there a lost and found on campus?

Please contact university police at Central Campus to make inquiries: 978.542.6511


Is the Berry Library open to the public? 

Yes, the library is accessible to the public and guests are invited to use the facilities and services provided there.


What if I need a pharmacy while visiting campus?

A CVS is located across the street from Central Campus.

Back to top