Additional information to be aware of
What you need to know about these categories
The mission of the Office of Community Standards is to provide leadership for the student conduct process through its central coordinating, training, and advising role. The Office works to administer a thorough and fair student conduct process that encourages participation of the campus community while holding students accountable for their actions. In addition, the Office of Community Standards supports the development of the whole student with an emphasis on ethical behavior and responsibility within and among the university community.
- Assist students in seeking out resources for learning and living that enhance their overall well-being and to help them think critically while engaging in independent thought and action
- Collaborate with undergraduate Colleges, graduate and professional schools, greater University community, and surrounding community with regard to student disciplinary matters
- Facilitate ongoing comprehensive student conduct-related training for staff, students, and faculty
- Educate the campus community about student rights and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain comprehensive statistical and narrative data regarding all aspects of the student conduct process and engage in regular assessment of student conduct processes
- Maintain a comprehensive central database of student disciplinary records
As a result of going through the conduct process, students will be able to:
- Understand the impact of their behavior and decision-making on themselves and the community
- Articulate ways they can continue and/or develop positive contributions to the University community
- Identify ways to address their behavior so that it does not negatively impact the community in the future
- Have a greater knowledge and awareness of the Student Conduct Code, the student conduct process, and potential consequences for further violations
352 Lafayette St.
Salem, MA 01970