Research Day is back in person and bigger than ever!
To showcase and celebrate the academic achievements of Salem State students, faculty, librarians, and staff this academic year, the Center for Research and Creative Activities is hosting a day of festivities in the O'Keefe Complex. Friends, family, and neighbors are encouraged to attend!
The annual Undergraduate Research Symposium and the Faculty & Graduate Research Symposium are opportunities for Salem State undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff members to share recent academic work with the rest of the university community via poster presentations, panel discussions, performances, exhibitions, and more.
In the Building Inclusive Academic Communities Plenary, attendees will hear about collaborative, community-based research projects by this year's BIAC cohort.
Throughout the day, faculty and staff publications will be on display in the Gassett Gymnasium, with a closing reception in the evening that highlights these achievements.
Schedule of events
9 am-12 pm: Undergraduate Research Symposium
Gassett Basketball Gymnasium and O'Keefe classrooms
- 8 am - Poster setup, light breakfast for student and faculty participants
- 9 am - Opening remarks
- Posters on view in Gassett Gymnasium
- 9:15-11:30 am - Concurrent panel sessions
- 11:45-12 pm - Closing remarks, reception
O'Keefe 213 (HyFlex/remote attendance available)
Gassett Gymnasium and O'Keefe classrooms
- 1-2:15 pm: Concurrent panels: Session I
- 2:20-3:35 pm: Concurrent panels: Session II
- 3:40-5 pm: Concurrent panels: Session III
- 5-6 pm: Poster presentations
5-6 pm: Faculty Publication Celebration
Reception in the Gassett Gymnasium
- All are invited to join us for a wine and cheese celebration of faculty achievements across all fields!
Student and faculty presenters and participants will receive a Research Day t-shirt, along with swag giveaways throughout the day!
Information for family, friends, alumni and community members
- Parking at the O'Keefe Center on Monday, May 8 will be free and open to the public--no need to worry about securing a visitor parking pass!
- All attendees will be provided with an event program, which includes poster and panel location details, upon entry to the O'Keefe Center. Just follow the signs to our check-in table to get one!
- Questions about the day? Just keep an eye out for Research Day team members, who will be wearing navy t-shirts and buttons that say "ASK ME"
Resources for participants
We ask that student participants print academic posters in the 36” x 48” size. (Need room to display a bigger poster? Just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- NYU-How to Create a Research Poster
- University of Maryland-Create a Research Poster
- Wayne State University-How to Present an Academic Poster
When you’re ready to print, submit your printing request to the SSU Copy Center, located on the first floor of Meier Hall. (Be sure to do so at least a week in advance!)
How to present an academic paper:
- APA-Presenting your research effectively
- Duke University-How to Convert Your Paper into a Presentation
How to list conference presentations on your academic CV or resume:
- Towson University-How to List Conference Presentations
Questions? Reach out to the CRCA.
O'Keefe Complex, O'Keefe Campus
225 Canal Street, Salem, MA 01970
Gassett Center Basketball Gym and various rooms in the O'Keefe Complex