The annual Undergraduate Research Symposium is an opportunity for Salem State undergraduate students from all departments and schools to share empirical, scholarly, and creative work with the rest of the academic community.
This year, the event will return as an in-person celebration on Research Day, Monday, May 8, 2023, from 9 am-12 pm in several spaces in the O'Keefe Complex.
Schedule of events:
- 8 am-Poster setup, light breakfast for student and faculty participants
- 9 am-Opening remark with posters on view in the Gassett Center Basketball Gym
- 9:15-11:30 am-Concurrent panel sessions
- 11:45 am-12 pm-Closing remarks, reception
Resources for participants
We ask that student participants print academic posters in the 36” x 48” size. (Need room to display a bigger poster? Just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- NYU-How to Create a Research Poster
- University of Maryland-Create a Research Poster
- Wayne State University-How to Present an Academic Poster
When you’re ready to print, submit your printing request to the SSU Copy Center, located on the first floor of Meier Hall. (Be sure to do so at least a week in advance!)
How to present an academic paper:
- APA-Presenting your research effectively
- Duke University-How to Convert Your Paper into a Presentation
How to list conference presentations on your academic CV or resume:
- Towson University-How to List Conference Presentations
Questions? Reach out to the CRCA.
O'Keefe Complex, O'Keefe Campus
225 Canal Street, Salem, MA 01970