Program Requirements (30 Credits Total Required*)
- ACC106 Financial Accounting 3
- ACC202 Managerial Accounting 3
- ACC300 Intermediate Accounting I 3
- ACC301 Intermediate Accounting II 3
- ACC305 Federal Taxation 3
- ACC306 Cost Accounting I 3
- ACC364 Accounting Information Systems 3
- ACC400 Advanced Accounting 3
- ACC407 Auditing Theory and Practice 3
Choose One of the Following:
- ACC350 Forensic Accounting 3
- ACC405 Advanced Federal Taxation 3
- ACC417 Accounting Theory Seminar 3
- ACC420N Accounting for Government & Non-Profit Entities 3
Successful completion of the Accounting Certificate Program will meet the specific accounting educational requirement to sit for the Uniform CPA exam. Candidates for the CPA exam must also meet other specific education requirements including successful completion of 24 credits in business, not including the above accounting course.
The individual must maintain a grade-point average of 3.0 as a minimum for courses taken at Salem State University.
* A total of 9 credits may be transferred from other accredited institutions.
For program and registration information contact:
Connie Nielson, Academic Advisor