The Salem State Career Services team is excited to offer a brand new Professional Attire Stipend opportunity this year!
The goal of this initiative is to assist our students with obtaining professional clothing for their job and internship search and help remove potential financial barriers.
We will be awarding eight Salem State students with a $250 stipend so that they may purchase professional clothing items. Additional details, student eligibility requirements and application instructions are below.
Professional Attire Stipend
- Eligibility Requirements: Currently enrolled Salem State University juniors and seniors are eligible to apply.
- Application Deadline: The Professional Attire Stipend application period will open on Friday, December 4. All applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Tuesday, December 22.
- *Students are encouraged to submit a resume with their application so that we can assist them by providing feedback. Resume submission with the application is recommended, but not required to receive the stipend.
- Selection Process: Students will be notified during the first week of February, just in time for the Career Services Spring event series.
How will this $250 stipend help our Vikings?
- Students can use the professional attire stipend money to purchase clothing for interviews, networking opportunities and the annual Spring Job and Internship Fair which will be held virtually on Handshake this spring.
- Students may choose to use their stipend on professional attire at any store(s) of their choice, or during the JC Penney Suit-Up event, an online partnership event providing discounts on professional wear for our students.
- By having the professional attire needed for both virtual and in-person career opportunities and interviews, students will feel more confident as they put their best foot forward and showcase their knowledge, skills and experiences throughout their professional journey.
Contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-542-6406 if you have any questions.