Salem State University participates in NEBHE's Tuition Break Program, New England Regional Student Program (NERSP). The program enables thousands of New England residents to enroll at out-of-state New England public colleges and universities at a discount. Students are eligible for the NERSP Tuition Break when they enroll in an approved major that is not offered by the public colleges and universities in their home state.
Eligibility is determined during the undergraduate admissions process, so if you are a current applicant or incoming student who is interested in participating in this program and are applying to one of the approved programs (listed below, by qualifying state), please contact the undergraduate admissions office at 978.542.6200.
Students from the following states interested in the majors listed below may be eligible. Please contact admissions at 978.542.6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- American Studies (RI, VT)
- Biology: Aquaculture (CT)
- Biotechnology (CT)
- Cartography and Geographic Information Systems (CT, ME, RI, VT)
- Dance (CT, ME, NH, VT)
- Earth Science (RI)
- Environmental Studies and Sustainability (ME)
- Health Care Studies (RI)
- Hospitality Management (CT, ME, RI, VT)
- Information Technology (RI)
- Italian (ME)
- Marine Biology (CT)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology (CT, ME, NH)
- Photography (ME, NH)
- Professional Writing (ME, NH, RI)
- Sport and Leisure Management (RI)
- Technical Theatre (BFA/BA) (ME)
A student may apply for NERSP status at Salem State University if their permanent/legal residence is closer to Salem State than their home-state institution offering the same program. Please contact admissions at 978.542.6200 or email@example.com for more information.