Hello Viking Residential Students,
Move-in Dates and Times
We have been provided direct guidance from the state of Massachusetts to not bring student back to campus before January 18, 2021. As such, we have made changes to the schedule, including the start date of classes, resident move-in dates and remote learning for the first week of classes. Please read the following for specific information and log-in to the housing portal to select your new move-in date:
New Testing and Move-in Dates (log-in for specific times each day):
- Monday, January 18 (No classes—resident testing and move-in)
- Tuesday, January 19 (No classes—resident testing and move-in)
- Wednesday, January 20 (No classes—resident testing and move-in)
- Thursday, January 21 (First day of classes—all classes remote)
- Friday, January 22 (All classes remote)
- Saturday, January 23
- Sunday, January 24
- Monday, January 25—Normal class schedule (in-person and remote)
Step One: Login to your Housing Portal (Salemstate.edu/housingportal) by January 7
Step Two: Scroll down to the “Assignments” section
Step Three: Select “Spring 2021”
Step Four: Complete the “Spring 2021 Check In” time block selection
Step Five: Update CoVerified each day in “report symptoms”
If you are a student returning to campus from outside the state of Massachusetts, we ask that you return to campus on Monday, January 18 so you can complete your quarantine and testing requirements prior to the start of classes. If you are an out-of-state student, planning to return to campus on January 16 or 17 and cannot change your travel plans, please email email@example.com for assistance.
For those students who previously selected a move-in time for Monday, January 18, we will honor your original time. If you do not select a time prior to January 7, a move-in day and time will be assigned to you.
You will receive a reminder email with detailed move-in information on January 8. Any student that shows up outside of their scheduled move-in time will not be permitted on-campus until the next testing time available. Please be sure to come during your scheduled move-in time.
What to expect during Spring Move-in:
- All Students MUST go to the O’Keefe Complex prior to going to their residence hall
- Check in at the O'Keefe Complex Arena at 225 Canal Street, Salem, MA 01970 during your scheduled check-in time.
- CoVerified symptoms check
- Verfiy flu vaccination (Required)
- Testing (Weekly requirement)
- Resident Check-in
- Goodie bag
Unable to move-In during a move-in time listed in the housing portal?
If you are unable to move in during a time offered or have other circumstances surrounding your return to campus, please email residence life at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are more than happy to help you as we welcome you back to campus.
Director of Residence Life