This message is to inform the Salem State faculty/staff community that for security reasons, starting on January 4, 2023, you will need to sign on to the VPN (virtual private network) before you can sign on to Polaris.
What is a VPN?
A VPN is used to create a secure connection between your home (or remote) computer and the Salem State network. The VPN client we use at SSU is called the GlobalProtect Agent.
What You Can Do Now
If you have been connecting to the VPN to access other SSU resources, you don’t need to do anything at this time.
If you have not used our VPN (or maybe you have but it’s been so long you forgot) you can set yourself up now by following these instructions.
- Connect Your Windows Computer to the Salem State VPN
- Connect Your Mac Computer to the Salem State VPN
- Connect Your Apple iOS Mobile Device to the Salem State VPN
- Connect Your Android Mobile Device to the Salem State VPN
If you are having trouble downloading or installing the GlobalProtect VPN client:
- Submit a ticket to the ITS Help Desk
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Technology Services