Education Comes Full Circle
The Secret to Caregiving
Protecting Vulnerable Citizens
From Bio Teacher to Superintendent
The Long Path to a Dream Career
The Super-Growth Career Path
Read the Latest Salem Statement
40 under 40!
Salem State University's first 40 Under 40 application is now open!
Salem State University is kicking off a new tradition by honoring 40 Vikings Under 40 whose achievements positively contribute to the Salem State difference either in their professions or communities.
Are you a recent Salem State alum who has accomplished great things? Do you know a fellow grad who is inspiring, a rising star, or blazing new trails in their field?
To be considered, nominees must meet all award criteria and complete the online application. Nominations are being accepted on an ongoing basis. To be considered for feature in the upcoming Salem Statement Magazine, please submit nominations by August 30, 2020.
Salem State’s 40 Under 40 will be celebrated in the next issue of The Statement.
- Must have earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from Salem State.
- Must be under the age of 40 as of December 31, 2020.
- Has made significant contributions to their respective professional disciplines, communities, and/or Salem State University. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Company achievement or another significant award
- Notable career growth (senior position, position of significant influence, fast riser, etc.)
- Elected office
- Board service
- Notable published works
- Successes in entrepreneurship, business, nonprofit, etc.
- National media coverage
- Notable civic involvement, leadership or recognition
- Thought leader or "voice" in field/industry
- Must be willing to submit a photo that can be published by the Salem State Alumni Association. Statement magazine, and various school communication vehicles, as appropriate
- Resume, copy of state-issued ID (for age verification) and supporting information will need to be provided
Nominations are being accepted on an ongoing basis. To be considered for feature in the upcoming Salem Statement Magazine please submit nominations by August 30, 2020.
Terms and Conditions
Salem State University reserves the following rights: (1) To independently verify that applicants meet all criteria; (2) Reject any applicant for any reason, including previous receipt of award or recognition from the university; (3) Modify requirements as needed without notification.