Elizabeth Williams Wade Award
Established in 1980, the Elizabeth Williams Wade Award is presented to an alumnus/a who has made outstanding contributions to Salem State University. The award was established and is awarded by members of the Salem State University Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Each recipient must have attained notable achievement or made a lasting contribution to Salem State University through his or her philanthropic and voluntary endeavors.
- Each recipient must have earned a degree from Salem State University.
- It is preferred that the recipient attend the awards ceremony to accept his or her award.
- The recipients are eligible to receive a specific award once but are eligible to receive a different award in the future.
- The awards committee is not obligated to select a recipient from each category if applicants do not adequately meet the requirements.
- No member of the Alumni Association Board of Directors may self-nominate for the award.
- A separate nomination form must be completed for each nominee.
- As part of the nomination form, nominators must submit a 500 word or more statement establishing the candidate's qualifications with clear and concise detail as to why he/she should be selected for the award.
- The awards committee, comprised of members of the Salem State University Alumni Board, reserves the right to conduct independent research on a nominee. The committee will only consider information when it is part of a submitted nomination.
- The awards committee will also not consider nominations that consist solely of a nominee's resume.
- Incomplete nomination packets will NOT be considered.
Past Award Recipients
|2019||David Surface '88|
|2018||Jane '60, '62G and Jim '60 Moroney|
|2017||Kim Gassett-Schiller '83|
|2017||Henry Bertolon '74|
|2016||James M. Muse '83|
|2015||Andrea Liftman '75G|
|2014||Staff Sgt. Michael J. Gormalley '73|
|2013||Sally A. Cuffe '60, '64G and Walter Cuffe (posthumously) '62, '66G|
|2012||Donald Brennan '60, '64G|
|2011||Alfred J. Viselli '59, '64G|
|2010||Lawrence McCully '80|
|2009||Joanne K. Ricciardiello '68|
|2008||Edna Mauriello '44|
|2007||Elaine Dacey '64|
|2006||Rita Skinner '38|
|2005||Frederick Sannella '64|
|2004||A. Thomas Billings '72|
|2003||Richard H. Ayer '71|
|2002||John H. Wall '38|
|2001||Dorothy M. Foley '48|
|2000||Dr. Robert J. Healey '50|
|1999||Frank A. Lillo '64|
|1998||Sandra J. Purcell '59|
|1998||Mary L. Enos '56|
|1997||Deirdre A. Sartorelli '83|
|1996||Emilio A. DeFelice|
|1996||Mary A. DiFelice '36|
|1995||John W. Barrett|
|1994||Karen M. Morrissey '71|
|1993||Ruth E. Manghue '41|
|1992||Mary V. Hourihan '36|
|1991||Josephine E. Kennedy '72|
|1990||Michael R. O'Keefe '73|
|1989||Beatrice D. Moody '29|
|1987||Joseph F. Dalton, Esq. '59|
|1986||Mary A. Bozoian '42|
|1985||Dr. John L. George '53|
|1984||Dr. Mary A. Bradley '36|
|1983||Francis M. Buckley '40|
|1982||Dr. Marilyn E. Flaherty '54|
|1981||M. Gertrude Gould, 1910|
|1980||Elizabeth W. Wade 1913|