Alumni Rising Star Award
Established in 2013 by the Salem State University Alumni Association, the Rising Star Award recognizes alumni who have received their degree within the last 15 years and who are already making significant contributions to greater society through professional and philanthropic work.
- Each recipient must have attained notable achievement or made a lasting contribution in his or her professional, philanthropic, or voluntary endeavors.
- Each recipient must have graduated within the last 15 years.
- Each recipient must have earned a degree from Salem State University.
- It is preferred that recipient attend the awards ceremony to accept his or her reward.
- The recipients are eligible to receive a specific award once, but are eligible to receive a different award in the future.
- The awards committee is not obligated to select a recipient from each category if applicants do not adequately meet the requirements.
- No member of the Alumni Association Board of Directors may self-nominate for the award.
- A separate nomination form must be completed for each nominee.
- As part of the nomination form, nominators must submit a statement of 500 words or more establishing the candidate's qualifications with clear and concise detail as to why he/she should be selected for the award.
- The awards committee, comprised of members of the Salem State University Alumni Board, reserves the right to conduct independent research on a nominee. The committee will only consider information when it is part of a submitted nomination.
- The awards committee will also not consider nominations that consist solely of a nominee's resume.
- Incomplete nomination packets will NOT be considered.
Past Award Recipients
|2018||Brain Castellanos '16G|
|2018||Marquis Victor '09|
|2017||Debra Lee Surface '05|
|2016||Tina Marie Giarla '15|
|2015||Zayda Gonzalez '11|
|2014||Ledra Sun '13G|
|2013||Tracee Chimo '01|