Young Alumni Society
The Young Alumni Society is one of several affinity alumni groups operating under the direction of the Salem State University Alumni Association. All alumni who have graduated with a bachelors and/or master’s degree within the last fifteen years are automatically members of the Young Alumni Society.
Mission and Purpose
Established in June 2011, the purpose of the Young Alumni Society is to provide an alumni network specifically for graduates from the last fifteen years. The mission of our society is as follows:
- To strengthen the friendships amongst young alumni
- To strengthen the relationship amongst young alumni and Salem State University
- To support the professions of young alumni through professional and career development and educational training opportunities
- To promote positive service to and on behalf of Salem State University
- To support the mission and strategic goals of the Salem State University Alumni Association
- To never forget all of those who came before and to establish a working society for all of those who will come after
The Young Alumni Society exists to provide services and opportunities to young alumni in order to enrich the greater Salem State community. Alumni from all undergraduate and graduate academic disciplines are welcome to take an active leadership role within the society.
What Do We Do?
Members of the YAS executive committee meet an average of eight times per year to discuss young alumni relations and to plan events. In addition to planning, committee members are responsible for marketing, attending and volunteering at our events. The society hosts an average of three events per year. Committee members are encouraged to attend and volunteer at events organized by the alumni association and by the university (ex. Alumni Weekend, commencement, speaker series, etc.).
Interested in joining the YAS Executive Committee?
Please contact Michael Mitchell at 978.542.3063.