Salem State University empowers all students, faculty, and staff to achieve their full potential and our departments continue to support the campus community through the transition to remote working and classes.
Student Life, Inclusive Excellence, Center for Research and Creative Activities, and Human Resources are happy to connect you to resources and we want you to know that we’re here to help!
Information contained within links and apps are subject to change. Information should not be considered official Salem State information. While we believe that you will find valuable material within the links and apps, you should know that the information, views, or opinions contained within them are strictly those of their authors.
Active Vikings: Gassett Fitness Center
Campus life and recreation and the Gassett Fitness Center want to remind you that you can get moving wherever you are! Be sure to follow @gassettfitnesscenter on Facebook and Instagram for live and recorded classes, workout of the day ideas, fitness resources, engagement programming, free apps and much, much more!
Due to the nature of remote participation in our programs, participants using these resources must participate at their own risk and assume responsibility for their own health and safety.
Ways to Stay Active
24Go® Live Classes and More – YouTube channel with a variety of workouts
ACSM Staying Physically Active – Tips for staying active at home
Barre Intensity – Online video platform for Barre
Barry’s Bootcamp – Complimentary at-home workouts
Down Dog – App for personalized at home workouts
Fitness Blender – Free workout videos
LesMills on Demand – Check out the FREE content that LesMills is currently offering
Life Fitness WOD – Workout of the Day provided by Life Fitness
Matrix – Discover the exercise library from Matrix for ideas that move you
Orange Theory Fitness – Your chance to get a taste of their HIIT workouts
Outdoor Fitness – Download the free App for a series of 7-minute, full-body workouts
Peloton – Free content on your device of choice
Planet Fitness – Streaming FREE workouts daily
Pure Barre – Offering FREE live classes
Rumble Boxing Studios – Free daily Rumble Instagram workouts
STRONG by Zumba® –YouTube channel with a variety of STRONG by Zumba® offerings
The Fitness Marshall – YouTube channel with dance fitness routines
Yoga Journal – Connecting people with classes and communities during this time
Find resources for student-athletes and the entire Salem State community! Join the athletic training staff for workouts, wellness posts, flexibility and strength training and more. Be sure to follow @ssu_athletic_training for weekly offerings.
Ask an Athletic Trainer Wednesdays, 12-1pm
Stop by over lunch to ask questions of our athletic training staff. We won’t be diagnosing specific injuries, but we’ll have some general tips to help you stay or return to good form. Join us on Zoom - Meeting ID: 537 025 857
LEAD: Leadership, Engagement, Advocacy, Diversity
During this time of great uncertainty and unrest, we will be continuing to provide tools and techniques to maintain wellness. For wellness information, resources, activities and programs, follow @salemstatewellness on Instagram.
- Fenway Health: Fenwayhealth.org and https://fenwayhealth.org/care/behavioral-health/violence-recovery/ Specific information regarding COVID-19 and services for the LGBTQ+ population
- Futures without Violence: Find resources, safety plans, self-care ideas, shelter and financial relief information
- HAWC: Financial, food, MA, and nation-wide resources
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800.799.7233
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800.656.4673
- Network/La Red: Telephone Support Group for LGBQ/T Survivors of Partner Abuse. For more info, call 24/7 hotline: 800.832.1901
- Active Minds
- American Meditation Institute: Free Sunday morning meditation classes
- Calm: Free meditation videos, sleep videos, and other mindfulness resources:
- Headspace: Includes free meditations, sleep, and movement exercises
- Innopsych Directory of Providers of Color
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Massachusetts Programs, virtual support, and resources on a variety of mental health related topics
- Psychology Today: Find articles/resources for mental health assistance and search for therapists
- Sanvello and Active Minds: Free meditation for students when you use your “.edu” email address
- Text NAMI to 741-741
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Tips and Resources for healthy eating with COVID-19 specific information
- Walden Behavioral Care: Virtual eating disorder treatment
- Eating Disorder Foundation: Resources, food assistance information, and virtual support groups
- Eating Disorder Hope: Education, awareness, recovery tools and support, online support groups, and treatment centers
- Text NEDA to 741-741
- AA Online/Remote:
- Connections App: Free research-based smartphone app to help those in recovery from substance use
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Blogs, research, programs, COVID-19 related articles and recovery resources
- Shatterproof: A non-profit organization dedicated to reversing the addiction crisis in the U.S. Programs, education, and virtual meetings
- SMART Recovery: Online mutual support meetings are free and open to anyone:
- SAMHSA: Call 800.662.HELP (4357)
- Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga: Highly trained professionals are offering free, online trauma-sensitive yoga sessions. You can join any of these sessions for any amount of time (10 minutes or 1 hour).
- Daily Burn: Offering 2 months free
- Do Yoga with Me: Offering 2 free months of free yoga practices:
- Headspace App
During the covid-19 situation, Headspace is opening a large collection of guided meditations for free. Find sleep, meditation and movement exercises in their Weathering the Storm collection.
- Meditation for Beginners
Meditation is a great way to handle feelings of stress and anxiety. Read this quick article on beginning and strengthening your meditation practice.
- Palouse Mindfulness
Videos, worksheets and readings on mindfulness
Virtual doesn't mean boring! Check out these resources and be on the lookout for virtual programming for our campus community.