This letter was published and shared on March 13, 2020. This is a rapidly changing situation and Salem State University is closely monitoring developments of the Coronavirus outbreak. Learn the latest updates.
As shared earlier this week, Salem State University has canceled classes the week of March 23. This will allow our campus more time to prepare for a number of scenarios as the coronavirus threat continues and the situation evolves daily.
During the weeks of spring break and the following week, spanning March 13 – 30, hours of operation will change for a number of campus facilities. Please note that the Gassett Fitness Center will be closed for these two weeks starting this evening, March 13 at 6 pm.
Information about dining and the library are included below. Please continue to direct questions to student life at 978.542.6401
Carla Panzella, Ph.D.
Dean of Students and Associate Vice President
Hours of Operation for March 13 to March 30
- Monday through Friday, 7:45 am to 5 pm
- Saturday March 28, 12 pm to 7 pm
- Sunday March 29, 12 pm to 7 pm
- View the Berry Library's hours page here.
Learning Commons Lobby
- Monday through Friday 7 am to 5 pm
- Saturday March 28, 9 am to 7 pm
- Sunday March 29, 9 pm to 12 am
Dining Services – Marsh Dining Only
Marsh Hall is the ONLY Viking Dining venue that will be open during these two weeks. Marsh Dining hours will be:
- Monday through Friday
- Breakfast: 8 am to 10 am
- Lunch: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Dinner: 5:30 pm to 7:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday
- 10:30 am to 1 pm
- 5:30 pm to 8 pm
- Please Note:
- All Viking Dining locations, including Starbucks, will be closed EXCEPT for Marsh Dining. The Dunkin’ on North Campus will be open Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3 pm.
- Gluten-free options will remain available.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm
Gassett Fitness Center
The Gassett Fitness Center will close at 6 pm Friday, March 13, and will reopen at 6 pm on Monday, March 30.