Dear Viking Students,
We were recently provided direct guidance from the state of Massachusetts to not bring students back to campus before January 18, 2020. As such, we have made changes to the schedule, including the start date of classes, resident move-in dates and remote learning for the first week. Please read the following for specific information that may impact your first week of classes:
- Spring classes will now begin on January 21 (Not January 19)
- In-person classes on January 21 and 22 will all be remote—you will not come to campus for classes on these two days
- Spring resident student COVID-19 testing and move-in will start on January 18 (not January 16)
- There are updated specific instructions about move-in dates, times and required testing.
- We have extended the number of move-in days to provide you with ample opportunities to move-in now that the dates have changed.
I appreciate that planning can be challenging as the directives from the state continue to change, but your health and safety continue to be our number one priority. I am also grateful for your flexibility as we continue to plan to welcome you back for the spring semester.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the student life department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 978.542.6401.
If you are a resident student and have questions after reviewing the notice from residence life, please contact email@example.com.
I hope you are having an enjoyable break, although I know many continue to be challenged by the impact of the pandemic. Please continue to take care of yourself!
Carla Panzella, PhD
Associate Vice President and Dean of Students