Essex County Sheriff’s Department is seeking individuals interested in joining
a multi-cultural, multi-talented, well-trained department of correctional professionals.
Correction officers provide care, custody and control of sentenced inmates and pre-trial detainees. View the application.
- Starting Salary between $62,708.19-$66,708.11
- Physical fitness and education incentives
- Shift differentials
- Uniform allowance
- Excellent health care and benefits package
- Associates degree or 60 credits toward a Bachelor’s Degree and/or two years of military service
- 21 years of age or over with valid driver’s license
- All applicants are subject to the physical fitness test, intensive background investigation, interview process, psychological screening, drug screening, Valid License to Carry Firearm*, and medical clearance for Basic Training Academy (applicants may be in process of obtaining during the hiring process but must have valid license to carry prior to graduating the academy).
- Now accepting applications for spring 2021 basic training academy online application form
For more information, contact: Recruitment Specialist Stephen D'Apolito at 978-750-1900, EXT 3476, or email email@example.com. Essex County Sheriff’s Department, 20 Manning Ave, Middleton, MA 01949