The Department of Campus Life and Recreation offers a wide variety of programs and events to engage the campus community. The Campus Life and Recreation team oversees and operates the Gassett Fitness Center, Student Organizations, Intramural Sports, Esports, Group Exercise Program, Greek Life, Leadership Programs, Outdoor Adventure Trips, Campus Activities Board (CAB), Wellness U Holistic Wellness Programming, Ticket Sale Offerings for Local and Regional Experiences, Space Scheduling/Reservations through 25Live, and is one of the largest employers of students on campus. It is our mission to engage students through recreational and co-curricular experiences that enhance student success, connection, and sense of belonging.
- Before your first visit to our state-of-the-art fitness center, be sure to complete your online registration form and facility access waiver
- Join us on September 15 from 3-8 pm for the grand opening of our brand new esports lounge in the Ellison Campus Center (ECC 010)
- Intramural Sports are returning this fall!
- Students interested in helping to plan programs and events for the campus community are encouraged to join our new Campus Activities Board (CAB)
- Looking to get involved and stay up to date on events and activities? Download the "Salem State University Events" app from your app store, or visit the Campus Events page.