Graduate Admissions Personal Statement Information
Your personal statement is an important component of your graduate application. Pay attention to content, grammar and style, as your personal statement can serve as a writing sample to reviewers. You must upload your personal statement into the online application.
Graduate programs that have specific content to address in the personal statement and/or additional writing samples
Visit the program admissions page for additional information on the program's personal statement.
- MA English
- MA/MAT English Dual Degree
- MAT English
- MAT Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- MAT Spanish
- M.Ed. Higher Education Student Affairs
- M.Ed. Special Education
- MS - Occupational Therapy Direct Entry Program
- MSN - Master of Science in Nursing
- MSW - Master of Social Work
General guidelines for programs that do not have program-specific personal statement requirements
- Appropriate length is about 500- to 1,000-words or two to three pages, double-spaced
- Address what factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State.
- Write about long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them.
- Discuss any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application.