Salem State is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak. Learn more about our response.
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Educational Leadership
Graduate Application Process
Starting the process
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts or transcript evaluation, documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and master's degree
- One reference, from a direct supervisor such as assistant principal, principal, director, etc.
- English Proficiency, if applicable for international applicants
- Statement of purpose, answering the following questions:
- Which district-based cohort are you applying to? Please contact the program coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine cohorts sites for the fall semester.)
- What current and/or previous work experience has prepared you for leadership roles?
- Why is this leadership program the right fit for you now?
- Ideally, how would you like to make use of your leadership skills in your school and/or district?
- Resume, demonstrating evidence of at least two years of teaching experience
- *Passing scores on the Communication and Literacy portion of the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL)
- *Copy of educator license, demonstrating that candidates hold at least an initial teaching license (contact program coordinators with questions about this requirement)
- *Copy of evidence demonstrating SEI endorsement
*Unofficial online screenshots of these documents are acceptable for admissions purposes.
Cohorts typically begin in September. Application deadlines include March 15 for priority review and May 1 for regular review. Applications received after July 1 will be added to a wait-list for a fall start, and then will be considered for cohorts beginning September of the following academic year.