Elisa Castillo, PhD, assistant dean of students for wellness
- Director of CHS
- Elisa has a PhD in counseling psychology from University of Wisconsin- Madison and is a licensed psychologist and health care provider in the state of MA
- Elisa provides crisis intervention and brief therapy to SSU students, and supervision to counseling staff. She provides consultation to campus community related to wellness, health and safety.
- Elisa also oversees the PEAR Program, Student Advocacy and Spiritual Life.
Christine M. Williams, PhD, associate director
- Christine's focus is on training and counseling clinic operations
- Christine has a PhD in counseling psychology from University of Akron and is a licensed psychologist and health care provider in the state of MA
- Christine provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for SSU students, as well as consultations for students and their families about having a successful college career while managing persistent mental health issues.
- Christine also runs the CHS training program, which focuses on post-masters training in college mental health, brief treatment, culturally responsive therapy, and trauma-informed work.
Elizabeth Fell, LICSW, Assistant Director
Liz has her master of social work from Wheelock College and is a licensed independent social worker in the state of Massachusetts. Liz provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for SSU students, as well as provides clinical supervision to staff and trainees. Liz has over six years providing brief alcohol and drug interventions, and sexual assault prevention and education with college students. As assistant director, Liz coordinates programming and outreach efforts related to mental health, in addition to overseeing alcohol and drug education, prevention and intervention efforts.
Dericka Canada, PhD, Multicultural Specialist and Staff Counselor
- Dericka completed her PhD in counseling psychology at Boston College.
- She earned both her master’s degree in counseling psychology and her bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Louisville.
- Dericka provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- Dericka is passionate about giving voice to the unique issues that communities of Color face and enjoys working with college students, particularly on issues around race, culture and identity.
- In her role as a multicultural specialist, she serves as a liaison to the Salem State University Diversity and Multicultural Affairs Office and develops and supports initiatives that aim to foster the psychosocial-cultural wellbeing of students from diverse backgrounds.
Jori Argue, LMHC, Staff Counselor
- Jori graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a BS in psychology
- He completed his master's in counseling psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco.
- Jori enjoys working as a counselor with students, youth, adults and families.
- Jori strives to approach counseling in a client-centered manner, with a compassionate and non-judgmental attitude.
Kimberly Daly, MSN, FNP, DNPc, associate director
- Kim has a doctorate of nursing practice (DNP) degree from the University of Massachusetts, Boston and is a licensed family practice nurse practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
- Kim has been the health coordinator for the student health services and a clinician at Salem State University since 2008.
- Kim has over a decade of experience working with young adult populations in the areas of health promotion and health education.
- She has a strong interest in quality improvement initiatives to improve health outcomes and processes.
- She is a strong advocate for patient rights and has participated in several statewide committees and coalitions to ensure access to confidential healthcare and eliminating disparities.
- She has a particular interest in reproductive health care and women’s health.
Joan Sweeney, MSN, FNP, nurse practitioner, assistant director
- Joan has a MSN in nursing from UMass Lowell and is a licensed family practice nurse practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
- Joan has provided clinical services and care to SSU students through daily appointments since 2007.
- She has assisted with outreach for programming and flu clinics across campus and is the immunization compliance officer.
Kalei Ensminger, MS, FNP-BC, nurse practitioner, assistant director
- Kalei has a MSN in nursing from Regis College and is a licensed family practice nurse practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
- Kalei provides clinical services to students via appointments in health services and helps coordinate various campus wellness programming and outreach efforts.
Ailin Rodrigues, MS, WHNP-BC
Ailin has a master’s of science in nursing from Boston College and is a licensed Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner in the state of Massachusetts.
Ailin provides clinical services to students via appointments in health services. She has a particular interest in disease prevention, reproductive health and contraception management.
John Beaulieu, MD, supervising physician
- Attended Salem State and the University of Massachusetts Medical Center.
- Has worked at counseling and health services since 1990.
- Professional specialty is internal medicine.
Juliet Carty Greene, AS, office manager
- Associates degree in science from North Shore Community College and has worked at Salem State since 2006. Formerly worked at a community health center. Currently continuing her education to earn a degree in psychology.
- Member of American Society of Administrative Professionals, National Leadership and Success Society and Phi Theta Kappa.
- Coordinates patient intake and manages the daily operations of a busy healthcare facility, handling confidential patient health information with sensitivity and care.
Channa Vieng, BEd, administrative assistant
- Bachelor's degree in early childhood education from Salem State University in 2013. Before attending Salem State, and continuing during her college career, Channa worked with a local primary health care facility.
- Coordinates patient intake, assists with daily operations of our busy center, manages provider credentialing and licensing, and handles confidential patient information. Channa prides herself on offering all visitors to counseling and health services excellent customer service.
Cecile Gagne, medical billing specialist
- Insurance verification, referrals and authorizations.
2017-2018 Counseling Interns
- Christina has an MA in clinical psychology from Teachers College, Columbia University and an MA in counseling psychology from Boston College. She is currently pursuing her doctorate in counseling psychology at Boston College.
- Christina provides brief therapy and crisis intervention to SSU students using an insight orientated and relational cultural approach to therapy.
- Her style is client-centered and strengths-based.
- Christina is passionate about issues of race, culture and identity.
- Annie has an MA in professional psychology from William James College in Newton, MA and is currently pursuing a doctorate in clinical psychology at William James College.
- Annie provides brief therapy and crisis intervention to SSU students, taking a humanistic approach to working with students, taking a humanistic approach to working with students, and incorporating mindfulness tools with evidence-based treatment.
- Meredith is currently completing her doctoral degree in counseling psychology at the University of Massachusetts Boston. She has a master’s degree in mental health counseling from UMass Boston and her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Loyola University Maryland.
- Meredith provides brief treatment and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- Meredith is passionate about collaboratively working with college students, particularly around issues related to sexual orientation, gender identity, and neurodiversity.
- Peter has an MA in counseling psychology from William James College. He is currently pursuing his doctorate at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Peter provides brief therapy and crisis intervention for Salem State students.
- He provides assistance with concerns such as anxiety, depression, stress, and other life challenges.
- He believes in empowering clients through authentic dialogue, expanding awareness of conflicting emotions, and problem-solving specific challenges.