Our group exercise program offers a variety of classes to meet the needs and interests of Gassett Fitness Center members of all ages and abilities. Our nationally certified instructors provide intensity modifications for all fitness levels to ensure that everyone can take a step toward meeting their fitness goals. Our classes will motivate all participants while promoting fun, reducing stress and improving overall wellness. Join us today and let's get moving! Classes are included with all membership types.
Any non-member of the fitness center that is affiliated with Salem State University can purchase a multi-visit pass in order to attend group exercise classes.
The cost is $30 for any 10 classes and $50 for any 20 classes.
Cardio and Dance Classes
- Kickboxing and Abs Express - A high energy class that incorporates kickboxing techniques with a cardio workout. Increases your aerobic capacity, strength and coordination. Core exercises will be incorporated into every class. No martial arts experience needed.
- Zumba® and Zumba® Express - Inspired by Latin dance and music, Zumba® incorporates a variety of styles to create an exhilarating, aerobic, easy-to-follow, calorie-burning, dance-fitness party.
Cardio and Strength Classes
- Athletic Conditioning – This cardio and strength training challenge offers cutting edge techniques using the SYNRGY 360, TRX, kettlebells, medicine balls, and more for a fat burning and muscular endurance workout.
- Boxing Circuit – A total body workout that will incorporate athletic moves, kickboxing, and intervals using the BOSU and Boxing drills. Build stamina, improve coordination and flexibility and burn calories as you build lean muscle with this fun and challenging workout!
- Cardio Sculpt and Core - Take your workout to the next level with this calorie-burning class! Classes will combine cardio and muscle conditioning exercises with intervals, plyometrics, Tabata drills, athletic and agility training and more! This class is designed for all fitness levels and core training will be incorporated into every class.
- Core and More Express - This class is designed to strengthen core muscle groups, helping you build a strong torso and back while improving posture. A variety of exercises and equipment will be used; you’ll be done before you know it! A compliment to any fitness training program.
- Spinning® - This class offers a cardiovascular workout set to exhilarating music that will motivate you to new fitness levels. Open to beginners and experienced riders as each participant controls his/her own intensity by adjusting speed, resistance and body positions.
- Strength and Conditioning Express - This class is designed to improve your muscular and cardiovascular endurance, strength and overall functional fitness. This class targets all major muscle groups, ensuring you receive a “total-body challenge.” Core exercises will be incorporated into every class.
- Total Body Workout - This class is designed to improve your muscular and cardiovascular endurance, strength and overall functional fitness. This class targets all major muscle groups, ensuring you receive a “total body challenge”. Core exercises will be incorporated into every class.
- Tread and Shed Express - This class is a combination of intervals on the treadmill and total body exercises using bodyweight, free weights, med balls, and more! This cardio/resistance combo will keep burning calories long after the workout is over.
- TRX SYNRGY 360 Circuit Training Express - This circuit-based class is a perfect blend of strength and cardio intervals using the TRX suspension trainer, ropes, weights and cardio for a full body, functional workout. This class features a series of circuits to increase strength, improve your endurance and push your boundaries.
Mind and Body Classes
- Candlelight Vinyasa Flow and Restore Yoga – This class will begin with a Vinyasa flowing sequence of poses and end with restorative poses leaving you relaxed and centered.
- Candlelight Vinyasa YogaTake time at the end of the day to realign your body and mind. This class emphasizes alignment, breath and awareness within a flow of movement.
- More to Love Yoga® - More to Love Yoga® invites all bodies to feel connected and empowered through body-loving yoga. Created by Rachel Estapa, a professional yoga teacher and wellness coach, More to Love Yoga blends body acceptance lessons with traditional yoga postures to enhance whole-person wellbeing. Excellent for all, especially beginners, folks living in larger bodies, and those working with limitations and/or injuries.
- Vinyasa Yoga – Be guided through a variety of yoga poses while linking the rhythm of your breath and movement. Emphasis will be on proper body alignment for our individual body types throughout the flow in a mindful and supportive way. You will begin to feel and connect to your body and the messages that your body is telling you to support your well-being. Leave this practice feeling refreshed, calm and centered.
- Yoga for Athletes – A moving, flowing, physical practice incorporating strength, flexibility and balance. Strong emphasis placed on breath work, mindful movement and anatomical alignment while heat building in the body, moving briskly through foundational postures into invigorating and dynamic sequencing. We will work with focusing attention on mindfully exerting effort in the body while keeping the breath steady, nourishing the relationship between body and mind.
- Yoga Basics - Whether you are just stepping onto your mat for the first time or simply craving a step-by-step review of yoga basics- this hour is for you. The intention of this class is to make the practice accessible to everyone while building a strong foundation in the fundamentals of yoga, breathing, and alignment.