Salem State University faculty and staff can find updates on the campus response to the coronavirus, resources for remote teaching and work, and an archive of faculty/staff communications here.
Remote Teaching and Working Resources
- Community-sourced Resources from Employee Resources Groups (ERGs)
- ITS Remote Work Recommendations
- Going Remote for Learning, Teaching, and Working At SSU
- Teleworking Guide for Staff
- Video Conference Training Resources
- Supporting Virtual course Materials for Students with disabilities
- Employee Resources from HR
Bringing SSU to YOU!
In response to this, student life, inclusive excellence, the Center for Research and Creative Activities and human resources have teamed up bring SSU to you! From fitness classes to coloring parties, cooking demonstrations, a floral arrangement workshop and more, Salem State is offering an array of virtual activities to bring our Viking community together. You can learn more on the newly created webpage: Bringing SSU To You. This page includes a list of SSU virtual activities along with a compilation of local and regional organizations that are offering free virtual activities that you may find of interest. We are updating this page regularly as new activities are added so please be sure to check back often.
Note: an archive of community-wide communications can be found on the coronavirus preparedness page.
- June 16, 2020: Safely Repopulating Campus
- May 20, 2020: Working Vision for the Fall Semester
- April 28, 2020: The Road Ahead: Recovery and Defining a New Normal
- April 24, 2020: Remote Work Update
- April 17, 2020: Looking to May 4 and Beyond
- March 30, 2020: Remote work extended to May 4, 2020
- March 23, 2020: Important Budget Communication: Financial Impact of COVID-19
- March 20, 2020: Campus and remote work updates
- March 19, 2020: Important message about staying connected and payroll processing
- March 17, 2020: Remote work extension, important leave information and other HR-related matters
- March 15, 2020: Transition to remote work
- March 11, 2020: Faculty training and registration changes
- March 9, 2020: Continuity of instruction in the time of a possible coronavirus threat