Connect with employers looking to hire Salem State Vikings
The annual Job and Internship Fair at Salem State University is career services' premier event with the most employers attending from every industry. First-year students, sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students are strongly encouraged to attend and take this opportunity to connect with 85+ employers looking to hire Salem State talent! Whether you're looking for an internship or a full-time job, the Job and Internship Fair has opportunities for you.
This year the fair will be held virtually on Handshake.
Virtual Opportunities to Engage with Employers
- Video, audio, and chat communication between students and employers
- Group meetings with up to 50 students and an employer
- 1:1 student meetings scheduled in advance with an employer
Register for the 2021 Salem State Virtual Job and Internship Fair
- Log into your Handshake account by using your Navigator email and password.
- Register for 2021 Salem State Virtual Job & Internship Fair
- Learn how to register for the 2021 Virtual Job and Internship Fair by viewing this YouTube video.
- After you register, select your group and/or 1:1 sessions with the employers you are most interested in.
- Check your Handshake profile and make sure your graduation date, school year, major, GPA, and work authorization are correct. Recruiters can search for students to invite to 1:1 sessions based on the information in their profiles.
Prepare for the Virtual Fair
- If you have any questions on how to complete your registration for the Job and Internship Fair and secure your 1:1 sessions with employers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit our canvas page for tips on how to successfully navigate a virtual fair
- Career Services will be hosting information sessions to help students prepare and make the most of the 2021 Job and Internship Fair
Need Affordable Professional Attire so you can Dress to Impress during the Fair?
The annual JCPenney Suit Up Discount Shopping Event will be held online this year.
This is an exclusive event for SSU students, alumni, faculty staff and their families.
- Receive up to an additional 30 percent off on all professional clothing, accessories and shoes. The discount does not apply on clearance items.
- To receive your extra 30% off coupon, text SSU2021 to 67292
- Shop online and use the coupon code between Monday, February 8 - Monday, February 15, 2021 at www.jcpenney.com/m/suit-up
Attend a 2021 Job and Internship Fair Zoom Prep Session Ask Questions and Learn More
In these sessions, you will learn how to register for the fair on Handshake, select your group or 1:1 sessions and navigate the virtual fair with confidence. Click the link to register for the Zoom Prep Session of your choice and access the Zoom meeting ID and passcode.
- Monday, February 22 from 10-11 am
- Thursday, February 25 from 3-4 pm
- Monday, March 1 from 11 am-12 pm
Be prepared! Have your resume reviewed by a member of the career services team before the fair.
Email your resume to get feedback. Contact Career Services at 978.542.6406 to schedule a Zoom or phone appointment with a career advisor.
How Does the Job and Internship Fair Work?
Company representatives will be available to answer questions about jobs in their industry and offer suggestions about job opportunities and careers. It is also a chance for many students to talk to professionals about themselves and get some experience in interview-like situations. Students are able to schedule virtual 10-minute one-on-one meetings with employers or attend a 30-minute virtual group meeting alongside other students. The Fair is not an interview - it is an opportunity to professionally engage with companies and learn more about available job and internship opportunites.
Who Can I Meet?
Check out the list of organizations attending this year's career fair below! Be sure to log in to Handshake to register for the event and don't forget to download the Handshake Jobs and Careers app on the Apple Store and Google Play. Check back for more information as employers register to attend!
What Employers are Looking to Hire Salem State Vikings?
Aspire Learning Center
AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
Bay State Community Services
Beauport Hospitality Group
Boston Senior Home Care
Brooke Charter Schools
City of Beverly Human Resources
College Advising Corps - Boston University
Commonwealth Care Alliance
Commonwealth of Massachusetts/Executive Office of Health and Human Services
Connected Home Care
Corcoran Management Company
Danvers Community YMCA
Derry NH Police Department
Disability Resource Center
Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley
Electric Insurance Company
Eliot Community Human Services
Essex County Sheriff's Department
Equitable Advisors (formerly, AXA Advisors, LLC)
Gentle Giant Moving Company
Group 1 Automotive
Harvey & Martin
John Galt Staffing, Inc.
Johnson O'Connor Feron & Carucci
Justice Resource Institute
Kaleidoscope Family Solutions
Kipp Eastern North Carolina
Key Autism Services
Lamour/ LBD Clinic
Lawrence Community Access Television
Lyon-Waugh Auto Group
Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
Massachusetts Trial Court
Mathnasium of North Beverly
May Institute, Inc.
Medical Information Technology, Inc. (MEDITECH)
National Financial Network
New Hampshire State Police
Newport Hotel Group
NFI Massachusetts Inc.
North Shore Medical Center
North Suffolk Mental Health
Office of the Massachusetts State Treasurer and Receiver General
Primrose School of Burlington
Proven Behavior Solutions
RCS Learning Center
Rise North Capital
Salem Five Bank
Salem Public Schools
Seven Hills Foundation
Springfield Public Schools
The Autism Community Therapists
The Key Program
The Moody Street Group
The Washington Center
Town of Ipswich
United Way of Massachusetts Bay (UWMB)
U.S. Coast Guard
Victory Programs, Inc
Village Silversmith LTD
YMCA of the North Shore
Check Handshake for the most up to date list of employers and opportunities as additional companies and organizations register to attend the Job and Internship Fair!