Are you interested in engaging with your community? Would you like to be a change-maker, someone who wants to make a difference in the world? Are you excited to start your college experience?
Registration for the annual First Year Day of Service opens Tuesday, June 28 at noon.
Incoming first-year students and new transfers interested in participating in First Year Day of Service may use the link sent to their Salem State email and posted in the Class of 2026 or Transfer Connections page on Facebook.
First Year Day of Service is scheduled for Thursday, September 1 and Friday, September 2. Space is limited so interested students are encouraged to register once the process opens. Registration will remain open until all spaces are filled. A total of 175 first-year students, 25 transfer students, and 30 upper-class facilitators will:
- Make lasting connections with their new classmates and the community
- Get to know and engage with the greater Salem community
- Start their college experience two days early
- Be part of a special cohort of new students
- Feel connected, engaged, and accomplished as they begin their college journey
Students who do not obtain a spot may email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Mathew R Chetnik