Orlando, a beautiful charismatic nobleman, has enjoyed a lifetime of adventures: he becomes the favorite of Queen Elizabeth the First, he dallies with many fine ladies, losing his heart to one mysterious Russian Princess, he wanders Shakespeare’s London and endures the chill of the Great Frost, he travels to Constantinople, where his reputation for spectacular debauchery is indeed vast. But after a nighttime encounter with gypsy, Orlando sleeps for seven days, and wakes to live again -- as a woman. As Orlando adapts her bold, free demeanor to the strict and hampering skirts and expectations of feminine behavior, the changing world around her -- from Victorian England to the busy department stores of the 20th century -- illustrates the mutability of man and woman, and instinct of each to fit their place and time.
- Tickets are $15 general/$10 seniors/under 18 free.
- Current campus COVID-19 protocols require that all audience members be masked no matter what their vaccination status. All campus event attendees are expected to follow university policies (including health and safety policies) and posted instructions while at any of our venues.
- Doors to the theatre will open at 6:45 pm. No one will be admitted to the lobby prior to that.
Performance dates and times
- Thursday, October 14, 7:30 pm
- Friday, October 15, 7:30 pm
- Saturday, October 16, 7:30 pm
- Sunday, October 18, 2 pm
- Thursday, October 21, 7:30 pm
- Friday, October 22, 7:30 pm
- Saturday, October 23, 7:30 pm
- Sunday, October 24, 2 pm
Karen A Gahagan