All Salem State faculty are invited to join us for the Opening Day 2021 DGCE gathering and faculty support information fair, which will be held virtually in Gather.Town on Wednesday, September 1st, 2021 from 4-5:30 pm.
The event will be opened by a welcome from Provost Silva, followed by briefings from DGCE Deans Bellar and Layne. We will then mimic a face-to-face information session in which representatives from offices that provide a range of support for faculty will briefly present resources and updates about services from their areas. Following these presentations, attendees will be directed to breakout spaces where they can meet with these representatives, ask questions, and get more information specific to your interests.
The Opening Day presenters are as follows:
- Center for Research and Creative Activities/ Vanessa Ruget, Faculty Fellow
- Digital Commons and the Subject Area Librarians/Justin Snow
- IRB/Megan Williams
- Grants Office (Federal and State)/Elaine Milo
- Advancement Office (Corporate and Foundation Grants)/Katie Sadowski
- Center for International Education/ Julie Whitlow, Lauren Prem
- ITS, CTI, Gail Rankin
- Writing Center/Al DeCiccio
- Honors Program/ Scott Nowka
- Center for Civic Engagement/Cynthia Lynch
The Gather.Town space will open at 3 pm. We encourage attendees to log in early so they may create their avatars and practice moving around the space. This will also give everyone a chance to “bump into” friends and colleagues and get caught up after the summer.
At 3:55 pm, there will be announcement inviting all participants to move towards the Keynote Room in Gather.Town and the ceremony will commence.
View a step-by-step guide to using the Gather.Town platform.