Calling all healthcare studies students, Salem State faculty and staff and employer partners! Join us for our virtual Pre-Professional Day.
During this virtual Pre-Professional Day event, healthcare studies students will share poster presentations showcasing their internship experiences. Some students will also have the opportunity to participate in mock interviews with a variety of non-clinical healthcare professionals.
This virtual event will be held on Zoom and registration in advance is required. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with the event link.
10:45-11 am: Guests join the Zoom event.
11-11:20 am: Welcome and opening remarks:
- Dr. Michele Sweeney, Healthcare Studies Academic Fieldwork Coordinator
- Salem State University President John Keenan
- Barbara Baggs, Director of Ophthalmology Operations at Massachusetts Eye and Ear
11:20 am-12:10 pm: Students will showcase their internship experiences via virtual poster presentations.
12:10 pm: Transition to breakout rooms. Please note it is recommended that you do not use a Chromebook to access the Zoom event, as some Chromebook users have experienced technical issues in the Zoom breakout rooms.
- A: Student/employer mock interviews will be conducted in 6 breakout rooms.
- B: BHS celebration and internship search session will be held in a 7th breakout room. Alumni will share their experiences and advice regarding the internship search.
12:50-1 pm: Wrap up/closing remarks.
*Students who have completed internships have prepared posters showcasing their experiences. Please take a moment to view their posters on the Digital Learning Commons and feel free to ask questions about their work. The internship experiences are organized into the following program categories:
- Social and Community Services
- Public Health/Public Policy