- Steve Reich, Clapping Music
- Per Nørgård, The Well-Tempered Percussionist
- Toru Takemitsu, Rain Tree for percussion trio
- Steve Reich, Drumming Part I for percussion quartet
- Dmitri Shostakovich, String Quartet No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op. 92
Patterns, phases, motifs, and monograms come together in Chameleon’s audacious season finale. Reich transforms the function of rhythm, Nørgård channels the king of counterpoint, and Shostakovich brings power, intensity, and dazzling technique to a landmark of the string quartet repertoire.
This program was recorded in Salem State's Recital Hall and will be available to stream on-demand for one week, from Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 7 pm through Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EST).
Please email email@example.com for information about free access to this program.