What is the Career Closet?
Career Services is hosting a Career Closet on Thursday, February 20, 2020. The first inaugural Career Closet will provide Salem State University students access to new and gently-used professional attire. All students are welcome to attend the event and encouraged to choose professional dress items at no cost.
Why should students attend the Career Closet event?
By having the appropriate attire and professional accessories, students will make a lasting impression at networking events and job interviews so that they shine and stand out from the competition. The goal is to help our students prepare for the job and internship fair and interview process.
- Over 1,800 FREE new and gently-used professional attire and accessories on campus in Career Services ECC 105.
- Personal shoppers will help you find the perfect job and interview outfit pieces to add to your closet.
- All students welcome and encouraged to attend.
- FREE interview prep padfolios for the first 100 students who visit the Career Closet.
- Advice from City Year employer on communicating with confidence and navigating the Fair.
- J. Crew in attendance offering style advice and 15 percent-off discount information for their store.
- Resources on affordable ways to build your professional wardrobe.
- Drop by to shop for the Job and Internship Fair or for your next interview.
How can you help support this exciting new initiative?
Please donate your gently used professional attire to help our Vikings prepare for their job search and interview process!
We will accept new and gently-used, contemporary, ready-to-wear, career-appropriate professional attire in all sizes including:
- Blazers/suit coats
- Dress shirts/blouses
- Dress pants
- Brand new dress socks/nylons
- Professional bags
- Clothing hangers
Donation Collection Box Locations
- Ellison Campus Center (North Campus)
- North Dining Faculty Lounge (North Campus)
- Bertolon School of Business Lobby (Central Campus)
- Enterprise Center (Central Campus)
- Admissions (Central Campus)
- Harrington Lobby (South Campus)
Please drop off all clothing by Thursday, February 6, 2020.
All career-appropriate clothing donations must be laundered/dry-cleaned and ready-to-wear. No donations should need repair.
Want to help support this initiative in another way?
Thank you to those who generously donated to our Crowdfunding page. Your donations will build a foundation for future career readiness and dress for success programming. Thank you again for your support!
Ellison Campus Center, North Campus
1 Meier Drive, Salem, MA 01970
Career Services Room 105