Corporations and Foundations
As the largest provider of the North Shore’s workforce, Salem State University enjoys vibrant relationships with scores of businesses and non-profits throughout the region. The university relies on their vision and generous corporate philanthropy to support a wide variety of student and campus initiatives.
Corporate and foundation relations coordinates the institution’s efforts to establish partnerships with private foundations and regional businesses. The office develops and applies for competitive grants from regional and national foundations, providing additional funding for targeted programs, research and capital improvements. Sponsorships provide businesses with opportunities to align themselves with Salem State while also receiving marketing exposure at events. Exceptional corporate commitments, such as leadership gifts made through the campaign, are frequently recognized with highly visible and enduring acknowledgments, such as having an event or a classroom named for the corporation.
Interested in aligning your business with the North Shore’s flagship university? Contact Mike Randall, senior director of major, at 978.542.2345.
Make your impression on the greater Boston area with an event sponsorship through the Salem State Alumni Association and Salem State University Foundation.
A signature event sponsorship is a great way to network and advertise your products and services to the greater Salem State community of alumni, faculty, staff, and donors. Of the 73,430 Salem State alumni and friends, many rank as the region’s leading professionals in business, education, art, and medicine. Through a sponsorship, you will have an excellent opportunity to access thousands of decision makers living and working in greater Boston and beyond.
- Over 73,000 mailable alumni and friends
- 56,000 alumni
- 76% live in Massachusetts (45,000)
- 40% within Essex County (24,000)
- 35% live and work within the Boston area
- 10,000 current full time and part time students
- 3000–4000 Salem State Series attendees
- 2100 Salem State Series past ticket purchasers
- 1500 annual alumni & advancement event attendees
- 1500 current faculty and staff
- 17 varsity sports with 3,500 athletic alumni
- 107,000 athletic venue visitors annually
- 18,000 annual web visits to the Salem State alumni landing page
- 60,000 readership of the semi-annual Salem Statement alumni magazine
- 21,000 email subscribers
- 10,500 readers of the annual IMPACT magazine
- 6400 Facebook likes
- 3400 LinkedIn network
- 1800 Twitter followers
Associate Director, Advancement Events and Sponsorships
Benefits of each sponsorship package will be appropriately valued and the remaining portion will be tax deductible. All sponsorships will be sent directly to the Salem State Foundation and funds will be distributed appropriately thereafter.