Managing your graduate application process
Graduate admissions general information
Congratulations on your decision to pursue your graduate education! Here are some general tips to ensure a smooth application process.
- Check your program's application deadline(s), and work backward from the application deadline or start term.
- Start your online application, so you can receive application reminders and updates.
- Order your transcripts or transcript evaluation, and begin organizing your references, personal statements, and admissions tests (if required).
- Submit additional information that your graduate program may require, such as a resume, passing MTEL scores or educator license, or additional writing sample.
- Once ALL materials are received, your file will be reviewed by the department. The turn-around time depends on each individual program.
- Once an admissions decision is made, it will be posted in your navigator account and communicated to you via email.