Post Baccalaureate Licensure Only (TLP-Teacher Licensure Program)
- Applications for spring 2015 TLP admission are due by December 1, 2014. (We do not accept TLP applications during the summer months as staff is not available to review.) Our post-baccalaureate licensure-only program is designed for graduates who have earned a bachelor's degree and wish to pursue careers as educators. These licensure programs require a completed bachelor's degree with an appropriate arts and sciences major. They include most of the subject matter and all of the education courses required in the regular undergraduate programs, including a student teaching practicum.
- If you are interested in the TLP program and want to learn more about it, you are encouraged to attend one of the information sessions held every semester. Our next information session is scheduled for Thursday, October 9, 2014 in Sullivan Building Room 303 at 4 pm
Prerequisites for Early Childhood or Elementary Programs*
- BA/BS in an arts and sciences major
- 24 credits arts and sciences coursework above intro level (should be covered by an arts and science degree)
Please see the School of Graduate Studies website for more information if you did not complete your bachelor of science degree in education at Salem State University
- You may want to complete the Initial Licensure Only Program in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education through the Salem State School of Graduate Studies
Prerequisites for Secondary School Program*
- BA/BS in major of subject matter to be taught
* All students seeking licensure must satisfy all standards required under Admission to Licensure Programs.
If you do not have a bachelor's degree in the subject matter consult with Academic Advising or the Office of Licensure and Field Placement or Undergraduate Secondary Education Program Coordinator before applying to the program. A listing of all Undergraduate and Graduate Program Coordinators and contact information can be found here.
Teacher Licensure Program Application TLP Application [PDF]