Choose the Program Best for You
This program leads to a master's degree. It is designed for those who already hold an initial license in elementary education and who are seeking a professional license and a master’s degree, or individuals who are seeking further professional development in the field.
Eligible students can apply for financial aid using the FAFSA form.
This program does not lead to an academic degree. It is designed for those seeking an initial license in elementary education but not a degree.
This program is not eligible for financial aid, but the MEd Elementary Education program is.
Graduate Application Process
Graduate Programs in Elementary Education Application Process
- $50 non-refundable application fee (FREE until October 31, 2019)
- Official transcript or transcript evaluation
- Three references
- Statement of purpose
- English Proficiency, if applicable for international applicants
- Graduate programs in elementary education do not require the GRE or MAT.
|Initial License Track||Passing scores on Communication and Literacy reading and writing subtests and both required content MTELs for elementary teachers (math and multi-subject)||n/a||
Demonstrate content/subject matter knowledge via prior coursework or experience: science laboratory work; basic principles and concepts in each of the visual and performing arts (art, music, drama/theater, dance); basic principles and practices in physical education; and basic principles and practices related to personal and family health.
Questions about subject matter knowledge can be directed to the Elementary Education program coordinator.
|Advanced Studies Track||n/a||Initial license in elementary education from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts||n/a|
Application Deadline and Timeline
Application Deadline for Summer 2020 Enrollment
- February 1, 2020 - Recommended Early Action Application deadline.
- March 11, 2020 - Final Deadline - By this date, all application materials listed above should be received by Salem State.
- March-early April 2020 - Admissions decisions posted to your Navigator account and emailed.
- May 2020 - Summer classes begin