Certificate in Correctional Administration
The Correctional Administrative Certificate Program introduces the student to the historical and philosophical development of what is commonly referred to as "the correctional system." Special emphasis will be given to the structure, administration, and nature of this institution regarding its social function. Topics on the inmate community, treatment programs, and prisoner rights will be discussed.
Program Requirements (18 Credits Total Required*)
- CRJ101 Introduction to Criminal Justice 3
- CRJ200 The Correctional Institution 3
- CRJ202 Rehabilitation/Habilitation of the Ex-Offender 3
- CRJ213 The Administration of Criminal Justice 3
- CRJ301 Community Corrections 3
- A CRJ elective
The Certificate of Competency in Correctional Administration will be awarded to students satisfactorily completing six(6) courses as indicated above. The individual must maintain a grade-point average of 3.0 as a minimum for courses taken at Salem State University.
* A total of 9 credits may be transferred from other accredited institutions.
For program and registration information contact:
Connie Nielson, Academic Advisor