Certificate in Interactive Multimedia Design
This certificate program is designed for individuals who wish to further their education in the world of art and design. Multimedia design focuses on providing for a career in the field and is committed to the development of both creative thinking and technical proficiency.
Courses in Interactive Multimedia include Introduction to Electronic Media; Typography; Electronic Illustration; Electronic Imaging; Web Design; Advanced Web Design; Video and Animation; and Multimedia Design Portfolio. Facilities include design and production studios, two state of the art Macintosh computer labs with color printers, desktop scanners, and the latest design and multimedia software. Salem State's art program is nationally accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). The certificate program in Interactive Multimedia Design combines an intensive program of training in the technical knowledge and skills of the interactive multimedia field with a rigorous academic program in art and design.
Program Requirements (27 Credits Total Required*)
- Art 101 Color and Design 3
- Art 303 Introduction to Electronic Media 3
- Art 315 Typography 3
- Art 351 Electronic Illustration 3
- Art 384 Web Design 3
- Art 410 Electronic Imaging 3
- Art 420 Advanced Web Design 3
Choose Two of the Following:
- Art 381 Video and Animation for Multimedia 3
- Art 415 Graphic Design Theory and Application 3
- Art 416 Graphic Design Portfolio 3
- Art 431 Multimedia Design Portfolio 3
- Art 500 Directed Studies/Design 3
- Art 501 Internship in Art 3
The Certificate of Competency in Interactive Multimedia Design will be awarded to students satisfactorily completing 9 courses in art and graphic design as indicated above.
The individual must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 as a minimum for courses taken at Salem State University.
*A total of 9 credits may be transferred from other accredited institutions.