Become a leader in your profession and in your community through the School of Graduate Studies at Salem State. Your graduate experience and the degree you earn will help you reach your goals.
We prepare you professionally and challenge you academically. Apply what you learn in the classroom to your job and develop professional networks with faculty and area workplaces. Create valuable academic experiences through original research and scholarship. Build learning communities with fellow classmates who have varied professional and educational backgrounds.
Best of all, you can graduate with little to no educational debt. If needed, financial aid and graduate assistantship opportunities are available.
We offer master's degrees, graduate certificates, educator licensure programs, and a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) in Education. Each of our graduate programs develops the professional competencies needed to advance your career. Visit graduate admissions to learn how to join our dynamic learning community.
- Art (MAT)
- Early Childhood Education (MEd)
- Elementary Education (MEd)
- English (MA/MAT)
- English (MAT)
- English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (MAT)
- Higher Education in Student Affairs (MEd)
- History (MAT)
- Library Media Studies (MEd)
- Mathematics (MAT)
- Reading (MEd)
- School Counseling (MEd)
- Spanish (MAT)
- Special Education (MEd)
Education - Licensure Only Programs:
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Computer Science
- Digital Studies
- Financial Planning
- Geo-Information Science
- Global Policy Analysis
- Holocaust and Genocide Studies
- Nursing Education
- Public History
- Public Policy and Administration
- Sport Development and Management
- Strategic Communications
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages